This election is going to be close, and it’s critical that every vote counts. It’s also important that you remain vigilant in making sure election fraud is reported when it occurs. Know your rights, and know what to look for when you go to the polls. Here are some items that you’ll need for tomorrow:
1. Print out this list of Walsh Freedom endorsed candidates. Take it with you to the polls.
2. Make sure you check your ballot after casting your vote. Make sure your vote registers properly. Double check your votes and review paper printout before you finalize your vote.
3. Don’t hesitate to report discrepancies or irregularities at polling places. Unfortunately, but not surprisingly, there have been numerous cases of voter fraud reported over these past few days. DO NOT BE SHY! If you know there is a problem or suspect that something is terribly wrong call the Voter Integrity Hotline at 312-201-9000 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The hotline and email account are monitored by ILGOP staff. This is the quickest and most efficient way to handle all ballot integrity reports. The hotline will handle minor and major issues, including but not limited to:
- Questions regarding polling place location
- Campaign signs in public right-of-way
- Voters turned away from polls
- Busloads of voters arriving at polling place
- Polls opening late
- No signature comparison taking place
- Equipment malfunctioning issues
- Other major voting irregularities
4. After you’ve voted and helped with any number of election efforts — GOTV efforts, poll watching, phone banking, driving friends to the polls, etc. — join us for an election night viewing party at J&D’s Bar & Grill, 26400 N Rand Rd in Wauconda, IL beginning at 6pm. We’ll watch all of our hard work pay off for our Walsh Freedom freedom-loving, limited-government candidates. Help us cheer on our U.S. Senate candidate Jim Oberweis, our gubernatorial candidate Bruce Rauner, our Attorney General candidate Marine Lt. Col. Paul Schimpf (Retired), our Libertarian candidate for comptroller Julie Fox, and all our endorsed candidates. Together, we will beat the Madigan Machine.