Cleaning is time-consuming and laborious, but keeping your home clean and orderly is vital. Also, putting off cleaning tasks and letting clutter pile up can actually have a serious impact on your physical and mental health. Thankfully, you can rely on robot cleaners to make your life at home more comfortable.
The popularity of robot vacuums is steadily increasing since their launch, and homeowners can’t get enough of them. In fact, millions of these smart cleaning gadgets have been sold across the globe. And with their technology evolving continuously, there’s no stopping the trend.
The latest robotic cleaners have improved massively in comparison to the first releases. Well-known brands like Neato and iRobot are offering units that are more durable, convenient, and powerful.
Although robovacs are very useful, they do have some drawbacks and may not be suitable for your needs. And while some units are budget-friendly, some can be expensive, which can simply cost you back if you won’t use it often.
So in this article, we’ll take a closer look at the robot cleaner to help you decide if it’s worth your investment or not.
How Does A Robot Vacuum Clean?
Most robotic vacuum cleaners feature one or two rolling and spinning brushes. These work together with the suction power of the gadget to gather and suck in messes. The robovac also has a built-in storage bin where it’ll store everything from hair, fur, dirt, and food. Once full, you usually have to remove it and dump all the filth in your trash bin.
Additionally, these autonomous cleaning devices include several kinds of sensors with the downward-facing as the most common one. This helps the unit from moving towards your stairs or other ledges. Some pricier models feature sensors on top that can map a room as they vacuum and clean.
You can program a basic robovac to work on a schedule by utilizing its controls. On the other hand, you can manage more advanced models through its controllers, mobile apps, and even voice control. But whatever model you’ll purchase, you can expect it to pick up filth and debris as your unit makes its way around your house.
To have a healthy home and keep it healthy, pay attention to the whole home, and robot cleaners can help make the process easier. You can even program them to clean even when you’re out and about, and you’ll come home to a clean space every time.
Robovac Vs Upright Vacuums
One of the questions you probably have right now is if a robot cleaner can replace your traditional upright vacuum. There’s no denying the best robot vacuum out there is highly effective at keeping your floors sparkly clean. However, they’re not ideal for upholstery and not curtain-friendly. Hence, some homeowners still find it necessary to use their upright vacuum.
Robotic vacuums are perfect at maintaining your floorings daily. They provide a hassle-free way of cleaning and getting rid of surface debris in between the time you need your full-sized vacuum to deep-clean. Also, it may lessen the time you need to run your upright vac.
On the other hand, because a traditional vac runs by either a power cord or sizable battery, they’re not always comfortable to move around furniture and under your bed. Meanwhile, robovacs are typically low profile, making it easy for them to clean underneath furniture and tight corners.
Robot Cleaner Features To Look For
It’s important to do your research first and read online reviews before making any purchase. That way, you’ll be able to narrow down your choices and ensure that you’re getting the robovac with the right functionality and features suitable to your house.
When shopping around for a unit, you may want to consider the following:
- Battery and charging. Go for a robot vacuum with the latest lithium-ion batteries. Also, the bigger its battery, the better it’ll be at cleaning.
- Navigation system. Make sure your device has an intelligent navigation system, allowing it to map out your home’s layout over time for efficiency.
- HEPA filtration. The feature enables the robovac to fully capture dust particles and ensure they won’t be released back in the air.
- Replacement parts. Look for a model with readily available parts, most preferably filters, batteries, brushes, and wheels.
- Advanced scheduling. You should be able to schedule your robotic cleaner to do its task even when you’re away from home.
- Virtual wall. This feature will keep your machine from going into places where it shouldn’t be.
- Your budget. These gadgets can cost anywhere from $200 to $1,000. Those in the lower tier don’t come with popular features like WiFi connectivity and tractioned brush rollers.
- App. Most robovac models come with an app, making it easier for you to schedule and control the unit.
What Are The Limitations Of Robotic Vacuum Cleaners?
- Robvacs are not as powerful as an upright vacuum. Although many models feature various suction power, some come with a design that does not allow them to reach every inch of your flooring.
- Although these machines have sensors that keep them from rolling down the stairs, there’s no stopping your robot from sucking up little objects if your home is full of clutter.
- Its collection bin will take at least two days to fill up with regular use. However, you may need to empty it after each use if you have pets at home.
- Some robots find it hard making its way back to its charging station, and you may see your machine chirping in the middle of the room waiting to be charged.
A robot cleaner can be an excellent addition to your cleaning gadgets and tools. These revolutionary machines are not only compact but convenient as well. Likewise, it enables you to have more free time to take care of other household chores and do the things you love unless it’s vacuuming! However, no matter how great they are, you still need to take out your traditional vac from time to time.